Southwest Virginia Community College located in Richlands, Virginia, is seeking an Assistant Coach to work with the Athletics Department for its Men’s & Women’s Soccer programs. Position will report to the Athletic Director.
- Recruiting athletically and academically qualified students;
- Retaining students in the program;
- Planning and conducting practices;
- Fundraising; budget preparation and management;
- Other secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of soccer coaching or playing experience at the high school level;
- Must be computer literate;
- Excellent oral/written communication skills;
- Willingness to work nights and weekends;
- Must be knowledgeable of NJCAA regulations and must be committed to adhering to all NJCAA, VCCS, and institutional regulations;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Must be able to work under challenging physical conditions;
- Must be able to lift heavy items up to 50 pounds per OSHA standard.