The position of Assistant Coach is done for the purpose/s of assisting the head coach in designing and implementing the athletic program for assigned sport(s) in accordance with applicable rules and regulations; assist with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Assists the Head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the Head coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the Head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the Head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Must hold a valid DPS Fingerprint Card/fingerprint clearance.
- Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk and to reach overhead.