The Softball program at California State University, Fullerton, is a highly competitive program that competes in the NCAA Division I Big West Conference. The Assistant Softball Coach reports directly to the Head Softball Coach, and they assist with coaching in this program in addition to the following duties:
- Assist with coaching a highly competitive Softball program that competes in the NCAA Division I Big West Conference.
- Assist with recruiting Division I quality student-athletes.
- Assist with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Lead, monitor, and coordinate training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Know and abide by NCAA, University, and Big West rules and regulations.
- Work in conjunction with the head coach regarding travel coordination, scheduling, and practice planning.
- Scout and conduct statistical analysis of recruits and opponents.
- Work closely with Athletics administration and staff regarding Softball program responsibilities and policy compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years of Division I collegiate Softball coaching experience or 4 years of playing experience at the NCAA Division I level and 5 years of coaching at the high school, club, or non-Division I NCAA level, or equivalent.
- Proven ability to recruit highly skilled student-athletes and a demonstrated commitment to their satisfactory academic progress.
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Ability to interact successfully with a broad and culturally diverse range of students and to work harmoniously with students and colleagues.