The purpose of this position is to provide coaching expertise and leadership and assist the Head Coach in the management and administration of all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II program resulting in a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist the head coach in the organization and supervision of practices and contests.
- Maintain standards of performance consistent with departmental, academic, and athletic expectations.
- Assist in implementing a successful recruiting program to attract outstanding student-athletes to attend the University of Montevallo.
- Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the conference, the NCAA, the departmental policy manual, and the university.
- Attend and participates in department and staff meetings as requested/required.
- Coordinate and implement the eligibility requirements to ensure full compliance with governing rules and regulations, proper administration of financial aid for both prospective and enrolled student-athletes, facilities scheduling, and contest administration and game operations as necessary.
- Maintain a positive and constructive working relationship with University and departmental support staff to ensure an efficient and effective program and department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision;
- Ability to effectively coordinate recruiting activities;
- Ability to maintain team discipline and instill proper ethical and moral standards;
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.