Bellarmine University Athletics has an immediate opening for an Assistant Softball Coach. This position will assist the Head Softball Coach with all phases of a Division I Softball program.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a recruiting program consistent with institutional, conference, and NCAA rules designed to recruit student-athletes who possess the academic and athletic skill needed to be successful at Bellarmine University, as well as regionally and nationally.
- Aid in recruiting high-level prospective student-athletes, including daily recruiting efforts, evaluating talent, coordinating depth charts, planning recruiting trips for staff, coordinating PSA campus visits, general correspondence, and all things connected to identifying elite athletes.
- Assist in planning and coordinating in-season and out-of-season practices, including individual skill instruction and team workouts, focusing on developing athletic skills to compete at the Division I level. Provide instruction to softball student-athletes in any position to enhance team performance.
- Assist in the planning and implementing game plans for each game, including development of opponents' scouting reports.
- Monitor the academic progress of softball student-athletes. Effectively communicate with Athletics Academic Advisor to ensure any academic concerns are being addressed.
- Assist in scheduling games as directed by the Head Coach.
- Must have a bachelor's degree or higher and 2-4 years of professional or collegiate coaching or playing experience.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and demonstrate the ability to recruit NCAA Division I student-athletes.
- Must have a willingness and the ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive team culture.