Wittenberg University is seeking applications for an Assistant Coach for the Softball program. This individual will assist the head coach in leading all aspects of an NCAA Division III Softball program. This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt-level position reporting to the Head Softball Coach.
- Assist the head coach with practice and game-day preparation and execution.
- Evaluate, recruit, and graduate student-athletes.
- Provide service to the Institution as assigned by Director of Athletics & Recreation, reporting to the Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities & Events.
- Maintain and ensure student-athlete academic integrity.
- Interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
- Conduct student-worker hiring, training, and supervision.
- Adhere to NCAA, conference, departmental, and university policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned such as special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
- Candidates must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, be able to interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
- Knowledge in the following areas is preferred: Microsoft Office, athletic video and performance review software (i.e. Hudl, Synergy), social media platforms, and recruiting software (i.e. Frontrush).