This position assists with future athlete recruitment and the coaching of current student athletes. This position also helps provide proper public relations of events by providing personal interviews to the media as a representative of the College. This position will also be expected to adhere to compliance guidelines and training requirements associated with the Campus Security Act (CSA).
What You Will Do:
- Assists with all practice session scheduling and team personnel supervision at varsity games.
- Coordinates and collects equipment and supplies; supports needs analysis activities and assists in preparing reports on equipment and supplies needed for the following season.
- Drives College vehicles to away games.
- Prepares reports and/or logs on athlete injuries, sport statistics and inventory of sporting equipment and supplies.
- Provides assistance in the recruitment of high school athletes.
- Assists in public coverage of the sport including releases to the local news media and be available for personal interviews as needed.
- Keeps up to date with department coverage and needs throughout the year ( i.e. event coverage, team meetings.
- Attends required college events (i.e. coaches meetings, open houses, etc.)
The Successful Candidate Must Have:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent (60 college credits).
- One year of playing experience in high school or college.
- One year of experience coaching in an organized league in the sport for the sport applying to.
- Possession of valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Possession of First Aid/CPR Certification prior to the start of the season.