The Assistant Athletic Coach reports to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for assisting the Head Athletic Coach with student athletes participating in College sponsored intercollegiate athletic teams and supporting the mission of Yavapai College Athletics.
- Participates in recruiting efforts.
- Coordinates and maintains playing field/court.
- Assists in Game Day management and execution of responsibilities on the field/court.
- Everyday responsibilities: answering phone calls, player relations, scheduling and summer camp coordination.
- Assists with student development and student athletes' academic progress and eligibility.
- Develops training/conditioning programs for individual athletes and monitors their progress.
- Prepares, collects, and distributes information about the College athletic program to compliance organizations, administration, faculty, staff, and the general public while maintaining confidentiality of student athlete records.
- Support with the logistics, promotion, hosting, including attending and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders for the fundraising initiatives of the department.
- Assist with coordination and operation of camps that contribute to raise funds for the program every year.
- Associate's degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in coaching/training athletics and/or mentoring student athletes.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Arizona Driver's License with the ability to demonstrate an acceptable driving record.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function as it demonstrates dependability towards the performance of job duties.