The Assistant Softball Coach assists with the supervision and coaching of practices and competitions for the softball program. This position will aid in recruiting student athletes, directing practices, managing practice and travel schedules, as well as, supervising team conduct during competition, travel, tournaments, and other events where the team is represented.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the supervision and instruction of all practices and competitions.
- Recruits’ student-athletes for the softball program.
- Collaborates with the Offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, and Student Services for recruiting and enrolling prospective student-athletes.
- Assists in the administrative operations of the softball program to include scheduling, team travel, etc.
- Assists in monitoring and nurturing student-athletes’ academic progress toward graduation at the college and placement at four-year colleges and universities.
- Promotes positive public relations for the softball team.
- Provides first aid in emergency situations and complete annual blood borne pathogen training and CPR certification.
- Performs set-up, tear-downs, and storage of equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years coaching and/or competing in softball.
- CPR/First Aid certification required or ability to obtain within the first 3 months of employment.
- Strong commitment to high ethical standards and integrity.
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the State of Iowa and a driving record insurable by the College’s insurer. Must be able to obtain additional endorsements as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexible hours to include evening and weekend hours.
- Demonstrated ability to travel.