The College is looking for exceptional colleagues to join the MVCC community. We are currently seeking a part-time Assistant Coach in our Athletics department. This position assists the Head Coach in the sport of Softball. The MVCC Hawks are a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association, and offers one of the most extensive and diverse two-year college intercollegiate athletic programs in the country.
- Assists Head Coach with recruitment and retention efforts of student athletes;
- Assists Head Coach in guiding student athletes with accomplishing their academic and athletic goals;
- Assists Head Coach in ensuring the safety and well-being of student athletes;
- Complies with all institutional and departmental policies and procedures, Athletic Department Handbook and National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) by-laws and eligibility rules;
- Assists Head Coach in ensuring student athletes understand the relationship between academics and athletics and the concept of student athlete;
- Assists Head Coach with completion of all necessary institutional, departmental, and NJCAA paperwork and correspondence;
- Assists Head Coach with program goals and direction.
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credit hours completed).
- Playing and/or coaching experience of a minimum of two (2) years.
- Valid driver license at the time of and duration of appointment.
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule.