The Assistant Coach supports the Head Coach and EMU sport program as it relates to day-to-day management, development of a roster, the recruitment of student-athletes, and the retention of the members of the program. The individual may be required to work without supervision or assistance, and must be able to work on their own.
- Assist in the daily operations of the program.
- Oversee a position group as assigned by the head coach.
- Recruit prospective athletes that fit the mission and culture of the program and University.
- Organize and conduct on field or onsite coaching during practice and games.
- Develop scouting reports.
- Assist with administrative duties such as budgeting, scheduling, travel, equipment management, and inventory management.
- Assist with field and/or facility maintenance.
- Assist with program fundraising initiatives.
- Assist with program community service opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of high school coaching experience, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training required.
- College playing experience is preferred. Prior recruiting and sport specific experience preferred.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification preferred at time of application, and required as a condition of employment.