Under the supervision of the Head Coach, the purpose of this position is to use athletics as a tool to educate college students. By using inter-collegiate competition and all activities related to such competition, this position serves as a teacher and mentor to help build student character, prepare students for a constructive and effective life, and teach valuable life lessons including work ethic; discipline; resilience; persistence; teamwork and selflessness; goal-setting and goal achievement; overcoming adversity; and leadership.
- Assists Head Coach in developing, coordinating, and planning practices and competition to develop student-athlete skills and helps the team perform at competitive levels.
- Develops, coordinates, and plans assigned portions of practices and game management consistent with the Head Coach's strategic vision.
- Analyzes video to scout opponents and develop strategies for team development.
- Executes a student-athlete talent recruitment plan and retention strategy consistent with values of excellence and inclusion.
- Effectively leads and communicates with students by generating enthusiasm for the team through credible coaching.
- Requires substantial mastery of sport-specific knowledge.
- Requires at least 5 years of coaching, professional or Olympic experience.