The Assistant Softball Coach reports directly to the Head Softball Coach. Position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the overall coordination and execution of the University's Division I intercollegiate Softball program including identifying and recruiting qualified student-athletes, practice and game preparation, coaching, and promoting an atmosphere of compliance within the program.
- Coaching; develop skills of student-athletes, assist in preparing practice plans, implement practice plan
- Organize, prepare, and conduct individual and team practice sessions to train and prepare for competition and instruct student-athletes in techniques of the sport
- Prepare scouting reports on all opponents
- Identify, evaluate and recruit prospective student-athletes
- Promote an atmosphere of compliance within the program through strict adherence to NCAA, ACC and university rules and regulations through monitoring of program activities, active involvement and commitment to continuous rules education, timely submission of compliance-related documents, and immediate reporting of any knowledge of potential rules violation involving self or others.
- Bachelor's degree in Sport Administration or a related field.
- Two years of coaching experience at a collegiate athletic program.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status.