The Assistant Coach of Softball is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in planning, managing and evaluating all aspects of the Kishwaukee College Women’s softball program. Planning, managing, and evaluating this sports program will require the Assistant Coach to: teach, train, condition, and coach all team members on the intercollegiate women’s softball team.
- 1-2 years of experience as a college or high school varsity coach.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, planning, ability to follow a leader, detail-oriented, flexibility, initiative and sound judgment.
- A positive role model for young adults. Ability to work with a diverse student population in a multicultural environment.
- Able to demonstrate the Kishwaukee College core values of accountability, respect, sportsmanship, academic and athletic excellence.
- Posses a valid IL Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Be able to stand, crouch or bend for long periods of time.
- Position generally requires moderate physical activity with occasional lifting of supplies, equipment, and instruments.
- The job requires varying amounts of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Must possess a valid, current driver’s license.
Kishwaukee College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and any reasonable and timely accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act will be made upon documented request by the employee.