- Bachelor’s degree.
- Solid work ethic along with strong motivational, coaching, teaching and communication skills.
- The ability to travel extensively during the recruiting process.
- Prior softball coaching experience or playing experience, preferably at the intercollegiate Division 1 level.
- Extensive knowledge of the sport of softball.
- Knowledge and experience working with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body.
- Assist head coach in all aspects of developing and maintaining a competitive intercollegiate sport program within the NCAA and Big Ten Conference.
- Instruct and develop high level student-athletes in fundamentals of softball, coaching technique and strategy.
- Assist with practice planning and game preparation including evaluation of opponents.
- Perform administrative responsibilities, including assisting in budget planning and management, scheduling of competitions and planning and executing team travel.
- Assist in monitoring the academic performance of student-athletes to help them achieve full potential.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.