- Assists Head Coach in developing, coordinating, and planning practices and competitions to develop student-athlete skills and helps team perform at competitive levels.
- Develops, coordinates, and plans assigned portions of practices and game management consistent with Head Coach's strategic vision.
- Analyzes video to scout opponents and develop strategies for team development.
- Executes a student-athlete talent recruitment plan and retention strategy consistent with values of excellence and inclusion.
- Effectively leads and communicates with students by generating enthusiasm for the team through credible coaching.
- Requires substantial mastery of sport-specific knowledge and relevant issues.
- Understands the philosophy, principles, and policies of college athletics (including the University Conflict of Interest and Commitment policy).
- Requires moderate management and leadership knowledge.
- Expertise training hitters or pitchers is preferred.
- Ability to throw batting practice is helpful.
- Experience identifying high academic achieving student-athletes is a plus.
- Comfort with use of technology to record games, upload and edit film.