The Assistant Coach will carry out the objectives of the sport program as outlined by the Head Coach and Athletic Director. They will instruct student athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Support the Head Coach in conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing
- student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Assumes the responsibility of the Head Coach in his/her absence.
- Monitoring academic progress and encouraging student athletes to challenge themselves academically.
- Follow state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
- Work with the head coach and athletic director in scheduling facilities for practices and competitions.
- Model sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Communicate with families.
- Promote out of season competition on other WHS Athletic teams.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have First Aid and CPR certifications at time of hire.
- Successfully complete the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Course within 30 days of hire.