The Assistant Coach is responsible for aiding the Head Coach in administering a competitive NCAA Division III intercollegiate program. This position supports the development of student-athletes through mentorship, guidance, leadership opportunities, community building, and a commitment to social justice.
- Completes all required departmental and institutional training and certification programs and participates actively in available professional development opportunities.
- Assists in the recruitment of student-athletes as directed by the head coach. Ensures full compliance with NESCAC and NCAA guidelines in all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Provides leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters.
- Assists the head coach in monitoring the eligibility status and academic progress of student-athletes.
- Provides support in carefully tracking expenditures for all team accounts to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Works with the head coach and equipment manager to initiate and coordinate the selection, purchase, fitting and maintenance of team equipment; to include uniforms, athletic equipment and supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization preferred.
- Experience playing or coaching the sport, college level preferred.
- Experience and/or demonstrated success in supervising young adults and managing programs preferred.