Bridgewater College, a member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference and NCAA Division III, is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Softball Coach, to begin August 8th. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Head Softball Coach.
- Assisting the head coach in all facets of a Division III softball program.
- Recruiting prospective student-athletes who fit the mission and culture of the program and the College.
- Organizing & conducting on-field coaching during practices and games.
- Developing detailed scouting reports, statistics, and video analysis breakdowns.
- Responsible for program fundraising initiatives.
- Responsible for program community service opportunities.
- Assist with program marketing and branding on a multitude of platforms, including social media.
- Providing mentoring and support for the student-athletes, particularly in regards to academics and player development.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Prior collegiate coaching experience and/or competitive collegiate playing experience required.
- Catching background is a plus.
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the college’s auto insurance carrier.