The position of Assistant Coach is done for the purpose/s of assisting the head coach in designing and implementing the athletic program for assigned sport(s) in accordance with applicable rules and regulations; assist with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Assists the Head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the Head coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the Head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the Head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by the Head coach.
- Follows district and site procedures and policies; follows the district Athletic Handbook and Code; adheres to the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA).
- Oversees any unsafe conditions of the facility or area in which the assigned sport is conducted at all times athletes are present.
- Teaches student-athletes to perform sound, safe fundamental techniques of the designated sport throughout the season.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Drivers License & Evidence of Insurability.
- NFHS - Fundamentals of Coaching.
- Concussion in Sports.