Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the general direction of the head coach, provide leadership and support in all facets of the program in support of the mission of the College and Athletics department.
- Administer a competitive NCAA Division III softball program in accordance with college, NCAA, and Centennial Conference policies.
- Motivate, counsel, and support student-athletes in realizing their potential for personal growth and development as students, athletes, -and members of the general college community.
- Assist with and attend practices, training sessions, team meetings, and contests (home and away).
- Promote strong parent, alumni, and community relations.
- Plan and evaluate program results.
- Attend meetings and training as required by the head coach, Athletics department, and College.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of professional and athletic experience leading to a similar qualification, required.
- Related professional experience required.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the Division III philosophy of athletics and adherence to NCAA regulations regarding operation of athletic programs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and engage with a varied audience, including but not limited to students, parents, College employees, alumni, and community relations.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.