The position of Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach is a full-time, benefits-eligible, annually appointed position in the University of Arizona Athletics Department. The purpose of this position is development and management of strength and conditioning programs for Division I varsity sports as well as management of the Strength and Conditioning facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Director of Strength & Conditioning for Football in all characteristics for Football programs. These characteristics include strength, speed, conditioning, nutrition, GPS tracking, body profile management, and functional stages of rehabilitation for injured athletes cleared for participation by the medical staff.
- Instruct in Olympic lifting techniques, plyometric progressions and sprint development.
- Test and evaluate athletic performance on strength, power, flexibility, body fat percentage and specific conditioning.
- Assist with counseling of student-athletes along with a certified nutritionists regarding diet, nutrition and weight control.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a GPS database for assigned student-athletes.
- Enforce the rules and regulations governing the activity in the weight room.
- Be self-motivated, results-oriented, and have a positive demeanor.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or a related field.
- Experience as a strength and conditioning coach.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective and sound written and verbal communication skills.
- CSCS, SCCC.
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Science or a related field.
- Previous experience handling and collecting data from several sport science platforms (GPS, heart rate variability, heart rate, hydration, velocity based training, etc.)
- USAW Certification.
As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.