The Assistant Coach, Strength and Conditioning will, in conjunction with coaches and athletic trainers, organize and design conditioning, strength, power, speed, agility and flexibility programs for assigned sports, maintain safety, hygiene, and efficiency of the varsity weight room, and create, supervise, and schedule team workouts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement sport specific, scientifically based strength and conditioning programs for assigned teams.
- Have the knowledge and understanding of the rules and regulations of the NCAA and any conferences of which Saint Joseph’s is a member.
- Work cooperatively with coaches and the Sports Medicine staff to plan, organize, implement and supervise successful year-round sport-specific strength and conditioning programs.
- Stay abreast of all current trends, breakthroughs and developments in the science of speed, strength, and conditioning.
- Assist varsity student-athletes with rehabilitation programs prescribed and designed by physicians, physical therapists and athletic trainers from the High Performance team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 1 year of experience in a collegiate or professional athletics environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NSCA-CSCS or CSCCa-SCCC certification required
- CPR and AED certification required.