Responsible for assisting the management and administration of the intercollegiate Strength and Conditioning program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Horizon League and the NCAA.
- Use expert technical knowledge of Strength and Conditioning to develop a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, as well as demonstrating athletic excellence.
- Organize, supervise, and instruct with a hands-on approach the conditioning and workouts for the athletes in the various intercollegiate programs in the Department.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety and health of student-athletes.
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude toward all sports within the RMU intercollegiate athletics program.
- Supervise apprentices and interns in their work with various athletic teams.
- Establish a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes and other supportive staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of two years' experience in strength and conditioning coaching.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Commitment to NCAA and University rules
- Strong commitment and organizational skills.
- Motivates student-athletes to receive a quality experience both in the classroom and in intercollegiate athletic competition.
- Dedicated to enhancing the intellectual, social, and personal development of Robert Morris University student-athletes.
- Promotes academic achievement, good sporting and ethical conduct, and equitable opportunity for students and staff, including women and minorities.