The incumbent assists the Head Coach, Strength and Conditioning by providing guidance and training in the area of strength and conditioning, along with equipment for all student-athletes and sports teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of strength and conditioning equipment.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of volleyball skills and strategies.
- Good communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Strong coaching and recruiting skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to recruit effectively.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with administering strength training programs unique to assigned sport(s) and to individual student-athletes, using discretion and independent judgment.
- Assists with determining and developing realistic goals, rules, expectations, and motivations for assigned teams and each individual student-athlete, using discretion and independent judgment.
- Interacts with team trainers and medical staff in designing, developing, and implementing rehabilitation programs for injured student-athletes.
- Prepares periodic evaluations and progress reports regarding the progress, conditioning, and training of student-athletes.
- Monitors appearance, maintenance, and organization of equipment in training facilities.
- Assists in scheduling and organizing daily use of the Facility.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation procurement and maintenance of all equipment.