Butler University seeks a part-time assistant strength coach to assist with managing and supervising the daily operations of the team including teaching, and coaching. The assistant coach assists the head coach in providing leadership and support for the vision and strategies of Butler’s program.
- Assist with coaching and teaching of training programs for 20 teams and 400 hundred student-athletes.
- Duties include: Strength development, cardiovascular development, team conditioning, speed development, flexibility development, injury prevention, rehabilitation of injured student-athletes, nutrition and supplement education.
- Help build a positive culture through collaboration with weight room staff, athletic trainers, sport coaches, student-athletes and other athletic personnel.
- Build a training program for baseball and other assigned teams. Maintain progress records for evaluation of success of the program.
- Help manage the weight room, including scheduling, budget management and equipment maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned by head strength & conditioning coach.
- Earned four year baccalaureate degree required.
- NSCA or CSCCA certification required.
- CPR certification required.
- USWA certification preferred.
- Three years of strength & conditioning coaching experience required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
- Ability to work flexible hours required.
- Ability to teach Olympic lifts, sprint techniques, lift 100 lbs and safely spot athletes on squats and presses required.
- Computer skills in Word and Excel required.