The purpose of this position is to assist with the creation of in-season and out-of-season strength and conditioning programs for all University of Montevallo student-athletes. The position may have the opportunity to teach in the College of Education and Human Development.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist the Head Strength and Conditioning with the design and implementation of basic fitness, nutrition and strength and conditioning programs for student athletes.
- Work with coaching staff to create sport-specific team strength and conditioning programs.
- Maintain records to assess the strength and conditioning programs for student-athletes.
- Manage and maintain the upkeep of the weight room and equipment.
- Supervise and evaluate Graduate Assistants.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and/or Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- May be asked to fulfill the duties (lecture, lab, assess, grade, etc.) involved in teaching two courses per academic term from various Exercise Science offerings, including but not limited to Biomechanics, Science of Strength and Conditioning, and Program Design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess NSCA CSCS certification and provide documentation.
- Must be CPR/AED/First Aid certified, and provide documentation.
- Previous experience at the collegiate level strongly recommended.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II rules and regulations.
- Demonstration of good communication skills, both written and verbal, with students, parents, campus community and other personnel.