The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach assists in the organization, administration and promotion of all aspects of the Oregon State Strength and Conditioning (Athlete Development) Program.
- Provides consultation and expert advice to Head Coach and team members regarding the progress of each student athlete relative to their specific position for assigned sport(s).
- Prepares, plans, conducts, and evaluates practice sessions, as directed.
- Teaches individuals and groups of players specific tasks and skills before, during and after practice, during season and off-season.
- Teaches progressions and drills during daily practice time. Is available to coaches and players before, during and after practices.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Current certification in either National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and / or Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC).
- Current certification in CPR, AED and First Aid.
- Two (2) years of NCAA or higher strength and conditioning coaching experience with a demonstrated competency in the safe and effective development of strength and conditioning training and with the necessary training to respond to emergency situations arising from that training.