The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will support and assist the Head Strength and Conditioning coach in all phases of the strength and conditioning program. Duties will focus on providing and ensuring a safe training environment while directly overseeing the development and implementation of training programs for multiple student-athletes in a variety of sports.
- Design strength and conditioning programs for varsity student-athletes. Maintain positive communication with Head Coaches and Athletic Training Staff.
- Demonstrate and teach safe weightlifting technique.
- Write and implement strength programming.
- Maintain appropriate documentation/records and provide progress reports, as requested, to supervisor and or head coaches.
- Collaborate with athletic training staff to ensure all are on the same page with individual student-athletes’ needs.
- Assist in managing the positive environment in the weight room.
- Assist assigned sports with recruiting during the week and on weekends.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication & computer skills, necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work with, motivate and relate well to student-athletes.
- Strong work ethic, passion for the profession and commitment to student-athletes.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and be a positive member of the team.
- Basic proficiency in excel, word, internet & email capabilities.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.