Under the direction of the Director of Strength & Conditioning, the Assistant Coach will help run the Strength and Conditioning program at Harvard. The Assistant Coach will be responsible for developing, implementing, and teaching strength and conditioning programs for assigned varsity teams. Works closely with the Sports Medicine Department as a member of the Health and Performance Team.
- Design, organize, administer, supervise, and implement off-season, pre-season, in-season, and post-season sport-specific strength and conditioning programs for varsity athletes as assigned.
- Strength and Conditioning Program designs are to be based upon appropriate scientific-based periodization models taking into consideration transition periods, appropriate athlete skill and development levels, and sport-specific requirements.
- Communicate effectively and develop positive working relationships with assigned head coaches, athletes, sports medicine staff, and administrators.
- Work in cooperation with assigned sport coaches and athletic trainers to identify team needs/goals and areas identified for improvement in team performance and injury prevention.
- Design, supervise, and administer injury prevention programs.
- Maintain proper documentation of written strength and conditioning programs for assigned sport programs.
- Instruct student-athletes on proper running and wt. training movements, including Olympic-style lifts.
- Coordinate strength and conditioning programs with related rehabilitation activities developed by athletic trainers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 1 year of experience coaching strength and conditioning.