The candidate will assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with all aspects of the Strength and Conditioning Program. The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach must be able to lead team workouts and provide a safe, effective and efficient training environment. In addition to the operation and facilitation of strength and conditioning, the candidate must also be willing to collaborate with other departments on campus, primarily Sports Medicine and the Health and Exercise Physiology Department, to support efforts of academic, athletic, and professional growth.
- Assist with the design, development, and delivery of comprehensive strength, speed, agility, and conditioning programs for all assigned intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Administer testing and performance measures for each team if/when appropriate.
- Teach proper techniques, and safety for all lifts and movement drills.
- Implement and enforce all rules, policies and procedures of the Fitness Center with regards to the Strength and Conditioning program.
- Assist with other sport programs and the consistent operation of the training facility as required by the Fitness Center Supervisor/Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Help with the coordination of team training schedules by corresponding with coaches and team leaders.
- Meet with other departments to discuss updates, modifications, and overall concerns shared by each departments’ staff.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution in Exercise Science or related field OR extensive professional experience in related field (required).
- Nationally recognized training certification (NSCA-CSCS, CSCCa-SCCC, USAW-1+, NASM, ACE certification) (required).
- Ability to work early mornings.
- Work experience in the field of fitness/strength and conditioning/athletics.
- Participation in varsity level collegiate athletics.