The assistant strength and conditioning coach will be responsible for 3-6 varsity teams. The assistant coach will be expected to communicate with the head coaches, schedule lift times, and possibly run on the field sessions for the teams that they are assigned. This position is expected to help in covering open hours, maintenance of the weight rooms, and other duties as assigned.
- Work within the team of strength coaches to provide workouts and minimize injuries for intercollegiate athletes.
- Develop and implement training programs for assigned teams(swim/dive, golf, and others as assigned based on the expertise of the candidate).
- Assist with the organization and administration of the intern education program.
- Maintain both collegiate weight rooms, schedule teams as provided, and assist with other teams as needed.
- Must have knowledge of how to run a strength and conditioning session as well as design an effective training program.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situation when talking to athletes, coaches, medical professionals, and other staff.
- Decision-making skills: Ability to think critically and make independent decisions regarding the training and adjustments for individual athletes.
- Attention to detail: Strength coaches should be thorough and detailed with tracking progress of their assigned teams.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fitness Development, Exercise Science, or a related field.
- Internship or related experience in strength and conditioning at the collegiate level.