As a member of the Department of Athletics, Physical Education, & Recreation, the Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coachwill assist the Director of Sports Performance with all facets of the program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to designing and instructing comprehensive and/or sport-specific strength and conditioning programs, ensuring facility and equipment maintenance, and teaching Physical Education courses as assigned.
- Assist with management of nearly 500 student-athletes for 22 varsity sports.
- Prioritize the safety and well-being of students, staff, and all participants as appropriate.
- Assist in the development of strength, speed, flexibility, and agility programs for assigned teams to enhance athletic performance and reduce the risk of injury.
- Communicate with head coaches and sports medicine staff regarding student-athlete well-being, injury prevention and recovery, and strength and conditioning progress.
- Assist with testing and evaluation of student-athletes to assess strength and conditioning progress.
- Instruct student-athletes and Swarthmore College community members on proper and safe weight-lifting techniques.
- Assist with the development of off-season (winter & summer) training manuals for teams to continue training when away from campus.
- Supervise the weight room in the absence of the Director of Sports Performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health/Exercise Science or related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably with teams.
- American Red Cross First Aid, CPR, and AED certified.
- Current certification as a National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and/or Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coach Association (CSCCA) Strength & Conditioning Coach Certification (SCCC).
- Ability to work a non-tradition schedule, including weekends, as assigned.