The Athletic Department at The University of Tampa invites applications for the part-time position of Assistant Swim Coach. This position will work under broad policy guidance within the University, Sunshine State Conference, and the NCAA. Independent and collaborative analysis will be conducted to solve problems and complete tasks associated with this position.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the University of Tampa; to include adhering to all departmental policies and procedures as well as the rules and regulations of the University, Sunshine State Conference, and the NCAA.
- Assist with the planning and organization of the scheduled season of competition.
- Assist with a recruiting program that is consistent with the University, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Attend scheduled practices and competitions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Alumni.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two years of coaching experience at the college level and/or two years as lead senior club or high school coach.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA Rules and Regulations for Division II.
- Certification in first aid, CPR, AED or the ability to obtain within the first 90 days.
- Proven ability to teach and coach fundamentals and advanced skills.