To assist the head coach and/or athletic director in various middle and high school athletic programs.
1. High School diploma, or G.E.D. certificate.
2. 64 semester hours (minimum) of college credit; or completion of approved KHSAA professional development training as specified in ByLaw 27.
3. 21 Years of Age.
4. Has met requirements of a criminal records check as specified by Kentucky State Law.
5. Has met health requirements as specified in district personnel policy.
6. Successful completion of first aid course and CPR certification, as well as any other applicable training requirements as specified by KHSAA ByLaw 27.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of sporting rules, regulations and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in promoting sports in the school and community.
2. Assist the head coach in planning the athletic program.
3. Assist the head coach in organizing and supervising practices.
4. Assist the head coach in teaching individual fundamental skills, team plan, team strategy and rules and regulations of the game.
5. Assist the head coach in teaching good sportsmanship and self-control.
6. Assist in checking eligibility of participants, including insurance coverage and parent consent.
7. Assist students by providing a proper role model, emotional support, patience, a friendly attitude and general guidance.