The Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for teaching athletic skills, strategies and techniques in the sport and mentoring student athletes by utilizing coaching methodologies in a competitive sport environment and fostering academic achievement of the student.
- Assists the Head Swimming Coach in planning and implementing strategies designed to achieve success in a competitive sports program by breaking down and analyzing trends and strategies, making recommendations for new strategies.
- Develops the student athlete's skills and performance during sports competition on the Division 1 level by teaching athletes’ new strategies and techniques, providing detailed game plans; implementing and conducting training programs; assists with the preparation and implementation of weekly practice and conditioning sessions; monitoring student's adherence to department, conference and NCAA guidelines, resolving issues and reporting infractions.
- Identifies and recruits student athletes who are qualified to compete academically and athletically at the Division I level.
- Analyzes and evaluates the skill level of potential recruits; analyzes and evaluates the academic potential of new recruits.
- Assesses the needs of the program and the available options to fulfill individual personal needs.
- Assist the Head Coach with other duties to ensure the success of the program such as fundraising, operations, and logistics.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or Equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid Lifeguard Instructor Certification or ability to attain within 3 months of hire.
- Knowledge of teaching skills of the sport.