- Collaborates with the head coach on all aspects of the management and direction of the program in conjunction with the overall strategic plan for Athletics; assumes the duties of the head coach in his/her absence.
- Assist with coordinating and overseeing the recruitment of student athletes; contact high/prep school coaches to identify prospective recruits.
- Assist with contacting and evaluating prospective recruits; prepare and distribute recruiting information; may assist in recruiting efforts with the Admission Office.
- Plan, with Head Coach and full-time Assistant Coach (if applicable), recruiting trips based on contacts; attend off-campus games for the purpose of evaluation.
- Maintain accurate records of all contacts.
- Maximize efficient use of e-mail, internet, phone, letters, and personal contact.
- Assist with practice and games as needed as directed by Head Coach which includes teaching advanced level skills and game strategies.
- At least one year of previous coaching experience preferred.
- Hepatitis B vaccination and training in compliance with OSHA regulations; must maintain both throughout time in the position.
- Must obtain/maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to communicate by telephone.
- Computer proficiency.
- Compliance with all NCAA, NEWMAC and Babson College rules.
- Commitment to working with a diverse student body, staff, and other constituents.