Oakland University Athletics is a Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. Our Athletics Department is looking for a highly organized, driven and detail oriented individual to fill the position of Assistant Coach, Swimming and Diving. This position reports directly to the Head Coach, Swimming and Diving.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Club or collegiate coaching experience required with knowledge and understanding of all aspects of collegiate swimming.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit elite student-athletes regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to promote a positive and creative workplace and to work effectively to promote the program and Oakland University Athletics.
- Ability to perform all job duties in a manner consistent with NCAA, conference and University rules, regulations, ordinances, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Proficiency in use of HY-TEK Meet Manager/Team Manager software and Colorado Timing Systems.
- First Aid, CPR, AED and Safety Training Certifications.
- A valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the University by the University’s insurance carrier.