Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all relevant institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations are followed including, but not limited to: player eligibility, recruiting, financial student aid, scheduling and academic progress.
- Recruiting coordinator: Recruit quality athletes capable of pursuing the baccalaureate degree in accordance with the rules and regulations of the governing bodies and in such a manner that reflects the best’s interests of the program and the university.
- Coordinate with Head Coach for the development of recruiting weekends, including promotion, travel, speakers, student hosts, meals, class attendance and administrative meetings.
- Travel Coordinator: Plan and coordinate travel in conjunction with athletic department coordinator. Create and distribute itinerary for all team travel.
- On deck coaching: Assist Head Coach in all aspects of planning and implementing daily work outs.
- Assist and coordinate with Head Coach and Strength and Conditioning Staff workout programs for pre-season, in-season and post season.
- Work with Assistant Director of Athletic Facilities as needed to ensure coordination of events scheduling.
- Assist with routine maintenance of timing and scoreboard systems.
- Education: B.S. degree required from a recognized college or university, Master’s preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of collegiate swimming, diving or club coaching experience.
- Specialized Skills: Experience coaching at the college, high school or equivalent club level; meet management background; computer skills including Word, Excel and Hy-Tek software and competitive background. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Competence in leadership, and decision making. Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong initiative, detail and follow up skills with students athletes and staff members. Demonstrates professional image on and off the field. Skills in counseling, and mentoring athletes.
- Physical Requirements: Work is performed in a coaching, athletic, competitive indoor environment. Must be in excellent physical health to handle fast pace environment. Able to stand for long, extended periods of time.