Under minimal supervision, the Assistant Coach assists in conducting an athletic program including recruitment, scouting, practice and game planning, individual and team instruction, and student-athlete academic supervision.
- Give individual and team instruction and feedback. Guide and instruct athletes to improve skill development and performance. Assist in leading practices.
- Assist in game planning and preparation.
- Set up facility and equipment.
- Collaborate with athletic staff and university faculty to monitor academic progress of student- athletes to ensure that athletic eligibility and academic standards are maintained.
- Coordinate video and film activities.
- Assist in the development, promotion and supervision of clinics and summer camps.
- Assist in identifying, assessing and recruiting prospective student-athletes. Interact and correspond directly with parents and prospective student-athletes.
- Set up visit arrangements with prospective student-athletes.
- Attend competitions and observe and assess prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in field related to Physical Education, Recreation,
- Kinesiology, and/or Sports Management.
- Direct knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
- A minimum of two years of athletic coaching experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills.