The Assistant Tennis Coach will assist head coach with planning, organizing, and directing one of the College sponsored athletic programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Instruct student-athletes individually or in groups in techniques and fundamentals of the respective sport.
- Organize and execute effective team practices and coaching under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist head coach with administrative tasks such as scheduling, travel arrangements, recruiting, budget, fundraising, equipment purchasing, etc
- Assist head coach with facilitating and supervising team and individual training sessions on and off the court
- Assist head coach with player assessment and evaluating team performance
- Identify, evaluate, and encourage the application and acceptance of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA, and E&H policies and regulations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules.
- Foster a positive environment and one that challenges and supports the welfare of the student-athletes.
- Effective communicator.
- Strong organizational skills, including proficient computer skills such as excel.
- Competent in both technical and tactical development of respective sport.
- Able to adapt to quickly to various environments, which include student-athlete schedules, weather changes, etc.