The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Director of Men’s and Women’s Track/Field and Cross Country (Head Coach), the individual serving in this full-time position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of position/positions assignment as directed by the Head Coach.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction/education) duties as described and assigned by the Head Coach for all meetings, practice sessions and competitions.
- Function in game day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Evaluation of opponents and the development of a game plan for student-athlete instruction in accordance with position/positions assignment as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Track recruiting coordinator to meet the objectives of the university and team, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution required.
- Collegiate cross country or track-distances competing and/or coaching experience required.
- Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration.