The assistant coach helps the head coach with all activities of the designated program, including but not limited to recruitment and retention of student-athletes; monitoring of student-athletes’ academic progress; striving for competitive success; management of budget; and ensuring the program’s compliance with University, Conference, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prioritizes, promotes, and actively supports student-athlete academic achievement.
- Assists the head coach with managing all aspects of the intercollegiate athletic program, including monitoring academic success, retention, and graduation progress; implements action plans with the appropriate academic staff when necessary.
- Follows appropriate academic policies and effectively collaborates with the Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) and NCAA academic coordinators to resolve conflicts.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recruits student-athletes for success at Lindenwood University.
- Imparts to student-athletes the fundamental philosophy, skills, and knowledge essential to the sport
- Produces a high-performing team capable of meeting and maintaining competitive expectations as determined by the University athletic administration.
- Acts in accordance with the athletic code of conduct and exhibits a professional and sportsman-like manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Well-versed and knowledgeable in matters pertaining to the sport and governing body.
- Ability to use discretion and sound judgment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the community, faculty, students, and staff.
- Strong creative skills.
- Ability to take initiative.