The position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in program building. Will assist in teaching, recruiting, and mentoring student-athletes.
- Assists the Head Coach in managing and directing the track & field and cross country program.
- Manage all aspects of recruiting including evaluating potential athletes, setting up campus visits, collaborating with the Admissions Department, maintaining accurate records on Front Rush and databaseon the NCAA's Compliance Assistant program.
- Ensure Student-Athletes receive the necessary equipment and gear to excel both during competition and training.
- Off Season/In Season Player Development Plan including but not limited to leadership training, strength, and conditioning programs.
- Monitor academic progress of student-athletes with meetings and classroom checks.
- Practice/Competition Planning and Management. Staff member must also models sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Organize Air/Hotel/Vehicle Travel Arrangements and Liability.
- Staff member is responsible for the monitoring of facilities for the purposes of safety and security. Coaches' supervision is to prevent any activity that is dangerous to a student-athlete or other students.
- Previous coaching and/or competitive experience at the collegiate level, proven experience in both fundraising and socialmedia, a valid driver's license, and knowledge of NCAA DIII rules and regulations.
- Understands track and field coaching philosophies, training strategies, practice planning and recruiting at the NCAA level is preferred.
- Coaching background or experience in throws, sprints, or jumps is preferred.
- Possesses strong communication skills and the ability to successfully manage mull pie priorities in a fast-paced environment.