The Assistant Coach, Track & Field will assist the head coach with the organization, development, and implementation of a competitive NCAA Division I Track & Field program that competes at the highest level. This position will have a primary coaching responsibility to support the male and female throwers in all throwing disciplines. Applicants must have NCAA coaching experience in the throwing events. Additional responsibilities include home meet management, recruiting, program administration, fundraising, community service, and alumni outreach. The Assistant Coach will be expected to develop and maintain effective interaction with students, colleagues, university staff, alumni, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Direct coaching experience in the throwing events working with a NCAA collegiate program required.
- Candidate must possess strong communication skills and ability to use Microsoft Office, Internet, and Email.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment are critical skills.
- Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and Big Ten conference rules as well as University policies.
- Demonstrated success working with a NCAA Division I collegiate program in the throwing events preferred along with other relevant background qualifications.
The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.