Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and supervision in all aspects of the Men’s & Women’s Cross Country program including recruitment, retention, academic support, practice preparation, competition strategy, alumni development, fundraising, and community service.
- Recruit student athletes who meet the University’s admissions requirements. Meets annual recruitment goals as developed annually by the Director of Track and Field and Director of Compliance, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Ensures compliance with all University, Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations related to recruiting and academic monitoring for student athletes.
- Ensures Department and University regulations are understood by and complied with by student athletes and coaching staff.
- Performs planning, organization and execution of coaching duties as described and directs all practice sessions and competitions.
- Functions in competition organization and assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience recruiting academically strong student-athletes at the collegiate level.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Collegiate coaching experience in Cross Country or Track and Field.