The Assistant Coach, Track & Field provides support to the Head Coach in the form of leadership, initiative and execution of responsibilities that advance learning, promote growth and help prepare student-athletes for a lifetime of leadership. Specific areas of responsibility include recruitment, event specific coaching within Track & Field, student-athlete development, program administration and program advancement yielding agreed upon results.
- Develop student athletes via teaching, education, guidance, motivating and advising (non-academic).
- Develop student-athletes through inspiration, encouragement, discipline and recognition
- Monitor, evaluate and retain and graduate student-athletes.
- Assist in team building and character development with student-athletes.
- Contribute to the developmental process in areas of particular experience or expertise.
- Assist in planning of practices, training sessions, team and individual conditioning, line-up decisions and competitive strategies.
- Plan specific training sessions for a specific event group within the Track & Field Program.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; Master's degree preferred.
- One to three years related work experience.
- NCAA Certification required.
- Strength training certification is highly desirable.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Leadership & team-building abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships.