Assist head track and field coach and other staff with maintaining a competitive Division I men’s and women’s track and field program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: serving as women’s cross country coach and assistant distance coach during the indoor and outdoor track and field seasons; recruitment of prospective student-athletes; development of the team/players; administrative duties; monitoring academic performance; and building positive social skills.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree by application date.
- At least one year of collegiate track and field coaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience coaching cross country or long distance.
- Commitment to promote an atmosphere of compliance and adherence to institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Effective communication (oral, written and interpersonal) skills.
- Annual CPR Certification.
- Earned Master’s degree.
- Ability to recruit student-athletes.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Experience with collegiate coaching of women’s track and field and cross country.
- Collegiate coaching experience (Division I preferred).
- USA Track and Field or USTFCCCA Educational Certification.
SDSU prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected class in the offering of all educational programs and employment opportunities.