The Assistant Track & Field/Cross Country Coach has the primary function of assisting the Head Track & Field/Cross Country Coach with the programmatic oversight and recruiting coordination of middle-distance events for the University of Louisville Track & Field/Cross Country program. This will include all recruiting, training, competition, and welfare relating to the student-athletes on a daily basis. This position will report to the Head Track & Field/Cross Country Coach.
- Bachelor's degree in Sport Administration or a related field.
- Three (3) years Division I coaching experience overseeing middle-distance events.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, including both oral and written.
- High-level commitment toward program, department, & university needs.
- Proficient knowledge and commitment to NCAA, ACC, and University rules and regulations.
- Ability to collaborate with support staff in pursuit of optimum performance & academic success.
- Plan, organize, & implement all components of the middle-distance events while assisting with cross country.
- Provide event-specific instruction including techniques, conditioning, and competitive tactics.
- Successfully identify and recruit talented student-athletes into the program who are able to become strong athletic, academic, and community representatives of the University of Louisville.
- Set up, implement, and tear down event specific practice sessions.
- Manage the assigned group TMP and Cara log.
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status.