The Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Track and Field/Cross Country is responsible for leading all aspects of developing and managing a competitive Division I program within the parameters designated by the University, America East Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Essential Job Duties:
- Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes.
- Conducting and supervising team practices and conditioning sessions.
- Preparing and implementing individual and team training strategies.
- Optimizing technology to enhance recruiting, scouting and individual performance.
- Mentoring and providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes.
- Creating an environment that supports student-athlete welfare.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years successful experience in Track and Field coaching, recruiting and administration experience in a college or university.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of techniques and strategies of the sport.
- Commitment to high ethical standards and academics success.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting regionally and nationally.